Media Street is an established web design & marketing agency in Exeter and we are looking for an enthusiastic person to join us, and our ever expanding team, at our offices based opposite Exeter Airport.
We are looking for a Junior Web Developer / Designer to join our fantastic team and take some of the strain away from our senior developers. We are looking for someone with an eye for design as well as development skills. This role is perfect for someone who is looking to kick start their career in Web Development.
Joining a fast-paced web design team, you will be using your creative flair to create on-brand, responsive and bespoke websites. Working alongside our team of website developers and your Head of Website Design, you will be assisting in building websites from the design stage, all the way through to when it goes live and beyond. Take a look at the job description below!
Depending on Skill-set: The Position
- Overseeing and working on web designs for the company and clients’ of the company.
- Responding to staff and customer requirements to edit and modify websites ad-hoc.
- Ensure clean, correct code is used.
- Ensure the correct licensing is in place for all images and fonts.
- Consistently consider website speed impact of changes and test across devices/browsers.
- Sign off all websites launched using the New Website Form.
- Reporting to clients both through email as well as verbally.
- Meet clients, face-to-face, to discuss their website builds and edit requests.
- Website and software application designing, building, or maintaining.
- Using scripting or authoring languages, management tools, content creation tools, applications and digital media.
- Conferring with teams to resolve conflicts, prioritize needs, develop content criteria, or choose solutions.
- Directing or performing Website updates.
- Developing or validating test routines and schedules to ensure that test cases mimic external interfaces and address all browser and device types.
- Editing, writing, or designing Website content, and directing team members who produce content.
- Maintaining an understanding of the latest Web applications and programming practices through education, study, and participation in conferences, workshops, and groups.
- Back up files from Web sites to local directories for recovery.
- Identifying problems uncovered by customer feedback and testing, and correcting or referring problems to appropriate personnel for correction.
- Evaluating code to ensure it meets industry standards, is valid, is properly structured, and is compatible with browsers, devices, or operating systems.
- Determining user needs by analysing technical requirements.
- Working closely with our Marketing team to ensure all websites are user-friendly and visible to Google.
Media Street is a team of knowledgeable, friendly individuals, who pride themselves on quality results for their prestigious clients. If you are looking for a dynamic role within a brilliant, faced-paced web design and marketing agency, then please apply here. We look forward to meeting you soon!
- Full-time and Part-time vacancies are available for this role – please state which one you would be applying for in your cover letter
- Pay depending on experience and will be discussed upon interview
- Company pension
- Performance-based bonus scheme
Note to recruitment agencies – Media Street do not liaise with external agencies during our recruitment process.