Media Street have been offering a diverse range of digital services to local and international businesses for over 10 years. With a credible client portfolio and a wide knowledge of all-things-digital, we have helped businesses grow through creative website and graphic design, successful marketing campaigns and competitive hosting packages, plus much more. Take a further look into our latest news articles, learn more about our staff and how we can help your business excel with our FAQ’s and testimonials.
If you’re designing a website or wanting to optimise your site for the search engines then here’s 5 search engine optimisation tips for getting up those search engine rankings.
1) Monitor website page loading speeds. You don’t want pages to load slowly. Focus on a load time of under 1.6 seconds. This year Google will be paying a lot of attention to website page loading speeds so to get up those search engine rankings you need to be focusing on those page loading speeds.
2) Research and control you META tags. Over time META tags become dull, irrelevant and out of date therefore it’s vital that you go through the website and make sure all META tags are relevant and optimised. Check successful online competitors, see what they’re doing and adjust accordingly.
3) Inspect keyword density. Search Google for “keyword density tools” there’s lots of companies offering the service for free. Quickly get page by page reports, for your website, showing what words are used the most.
4) Build inbound links. Search engines see a site linking to another site as a vote. They see a link and think, “if this site is linking to this one then it must mean that they recommend it”. Work on getting these inbound links to your website to show Google that they can trust your site. Be careful though, you want links from successful websites, don’t try to get unethical links or ones from link farms, these can result in having a reverse effect.
5) Update your site. If Google looks at your site every week just to find that nothing has changed then it’ll start coming back less frequently. Instantly your website is loosing its’ importance and your search engine ranking will fall. Therefore update your site frequently, make sure content is being refreshed throughout the whole site. Google will want to return frequently to your site and search engine rankings will increase at the same time. If you can’t update your website yourself consider a website maintenance provider.