Are you one of the 304 million monthly active users already on Twitter? If not, and you’ve been itching to join millions of other businesses, groups and like-minded people, then follow these simple steps to create your Twitter account:
- Go to twitter.com and find the sign up box, or go directly to twitter.com/signup.
- Enter your full name, phone number, and choose a password.
- Click the orange ‘Sign up for Twitter’ button.
- This is the step where you can opt to enter your phone number and receive a text on your phone with a code to verify your number. You can skip this step if you want to, but you will get additional benefits, including account security, connecting with contacts who are already on twitter and allowing your friends to find you more easily.
- Once you’ve clicked Sign up for Twitter, you can select a username (usernames are unique identifiers on Twitter) — type your own or choose one that’s suggested.
- Click ‘Create my account’. You may be asked to complete a Captcha to check that you’re human.
And that’s it! Don’t forget to upload a good profile pic – apparently Twitter accounts with a profile picture have 10 times more followers than those without.
Recently I set up my own account, so don’t forget to follow me! @BarryMuir
If you need help, don’t forget that Media Street supplies social media services.